As of Wednesday at 6 p.m., 1,611 customers are still powerless in South Merrick with no listed time of restoration, according to the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) Storm Center Outage Map. Another 412 are down in North Merrick, but their power is expected to be restored by Nov. 11 at 11 p.m.
In South Bellmore, 718 customers are without power, while another 722 are down in North Bellmore. North Bellmore is expected to be back online by Nov. 12 at 11 p.m., and no estimate has been provided for those south of Sunrise Highway.
The following areas have multiple pockets of 51 or more outages in Bellmore and Merrick.
- West of Merrick Avenue between Camp Avenue and Sunrise Highway.
- South of Merrick Road near the South Bellmore East Bay.
- South of Jerusalem Avenue between Bellmore Avenue and Route 105.
The following areas have at least one pocket of 51 or more outages (including above).
- Just southwest of the Newbridge Road and North Jerusalem Road intersection.
- Just northeast of the Merrick Road and Meadowbrook Road intersection.
The following areas have multiple pockets between 5-50 outages (including above).
- Northwest of the Camp Avenue and Merrick Avenue intersection.
- South of Sunrise in the vicinity of Babylon Turnpike.
- South of Camp Avenue between Newbridge Road and Merrick Avenue.
As of Wednesday at 6 p.m., LIPA is reporting 188,019 customers affected by 8,183 active outages Islandwide.
To see an up-to-date LIPA Storm Center Outage Map, click here.
Are you without power? Do you want to see if people in your area have power? Tell us in the comments below.