- Samantha Kaden was a recipient of the Dean's Award for academic excellence during the 2012 fall term at Colgate University, where Kaden is a member of the Class of 2015.
- Christina Strezenec of Merrick was among 805 students named to the Dean's List for the fall 2012 semester at The College of Saint Rose in Albany.
- Merrick resident Jennifer Fuchs has been named to the president's list at James Madison University for the fall 2012 semester.
- The following Merokeans were named to the Dean's List: Elana Michelle Peloso, Meghan Elizabeth Dempsey and Mia Danielle Wilkowski.
- Stonehill College recently named Merrick resident Nora A. Brady a member of the class of 2015, to its Dean's List for the Fall 2012 semester.
- The following local residents are among more than 600 students who recently received undergraduate degrees from the State University of New York at New Paltz: Alexandra Sanky received a BS in Marketing, Amanda Grappone received a BA in Journalism, Harris Wichard received a BA in Communication Studies and Steven Shapiro received a BA in Philosophy.
- Christopher Shevins was among the top students at the University of Detroit Mercy who made the Fall Dean's List. Shevins is pursuing a degree from the College of Liberal Arts and Education at the University of Detroit Mercy.
- Brendan Dillon, from the class of 2013 and Nicholas Macaluso, from the class of 2015, were named to the Tufts University Dean's List. Dean's List honors at Tufts University require a semester grade point average of 3.4 or greater.
- Fairfield University has announced that the following local residents have been named to the Dean's List for the Fall 2012 semester: Patrick Deere, Alyssa Retmanski and Kathleen Sirna.