- A retaining wall at Gunther Elementary School was damaged between June 17 at 4 p.m. and June 20 at 8 a.m.
- An unknown suspect punctured the driver side tires of resident’s 1990 white Chevy Van on Merrick Road in Bellmore between 6 p.m. on June 20 and 3 a.m. on June 21.
- A GPS, iPod Nano and an iPod touch were stolen from a 2002 gray Honda parked in the P.C. Richards parking lot after the front passenger side window was broken on June 22 between 3 and 5:45 p.m.
- A GPS and an iPad was reported stolen from a 1998 white Toyota 4Runner parked in the P.C. Richards parking lot after the front passenger side window was broken on June 22 between 3 and 5:45 p.m.
- The passenger side window of a 2011 black Nissan was broken while it was parked in the P.C. Richards parking lot on June 22 between 3 and 5:45 p.m.
- On June 24 at 7:37 p.m., a shoplifter removed various items from the Rite Aid located at 2815 Jerusalem Ave. in North Bellmore.
- A bench was removed from a residential yard on Little Neck Avenue in Bellmore between 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. on June 26.
- On June 25, items were stolen from an unlocked vehicle at the BP gas station on Hempstead Turnpike.
- Sometime between 10 p.m. on June 25 and 7 a.m. on June 26, a vehicle was reported scratched on Forrest Avenue.
- A Levittown man died from his injuries after an early morning collision on June 27 with an active private ambulance, Nassau County Police said. Click for the full story.
- A Brooklyn man for his role in robbing an East Meadow gas station last May. According to Nassau County District Attorney Kathleen Rice, on May 10, 2010, Troy Motayne, 35, and another man, Marvin Gay, allegedly broke into a Toyota Tundra that was parked at on Hempstead Turnpike and stole $194,000 from a courier. He faces up to 25 years in prison.
- An East Meadow resident and former private school teacher recently to probation after pleading guilty on child porn charges. John Spring, 59, of East Meadow, was sentenced May 11 to three years of probation including 180 days of electronic monitoring for sex offenders, which mandates that computer monitoring software be installed on the offender’s computer.
- A Centerport man last Friday for driving while intoxicated while police were conducting a DWI road check on the Meadowbrook Parkway at Hempstead Turnpike in East Meadow. According to New York State Police, William Dimmler, 40, failed to slow down during the road check. After officers directed Dimmler to stop the car, they "detected a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage emanating from the vehicle."
- A cell phone was reported stolen from a home on Smith Street in Merrick on June 19.
- Sometime between 4:04 p.m. and 4:45 p.m., a bicycle was stolen from Johnston Place.
- On June 21, Jonathan Melendez, age 21 of Merrick, was arrested on Railroad Avenue, Wantagh and charged with resisting arrest, consuming alcohol in a public place and disorderly conduct.
- A change purse was stolen from a home on Willis Avenue on June 23.
- On June 22, a second story residence on Fraiser Avenue. According to police, Andre Chin of Roosevelt was responsible for the incident.
- Sometime between 7 p.m. on June 20 and 1 p.m., a 2011 blue Honda CRV was stolen from Runyons on Merrick Road.
- On June 25, there was reported damage to two window panes at the former Seaford Avenue School building.
- On June 21, Oliver Betancourt, 20, of Syosset, was arrested on Railroad Avenue near Wantagh Avenue, Wantagh and charged with obstruction of government administration in the second degree, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
- Sometime between June 20 and June 21, an unknown suspect scratched the hood and driver’s side door of a 2005 gray Pontiac at the Wantagh train station.
- On June 23, Kurt Walther, 19, of Wantagh, was arrested at his home and charged with assault in the first degree and possession of a dangerous weapon in the fourth degree.
- At 9 p.m. on June 23, an unknown male suspect threw a rock through the rear passenger window of a vehicle that was being operated on Beech Street.
- On June 24, Brittany Quirk, 19, of Wantagh, was arrested at Kohl’s, located at 5300 Sunrise Highway, Massapequa and charged with petit larceny.
- Sometime on June 24, all four tires and rims were stolen from a 2010 black Acura on Tangle Lane, Wantagh.
- On June 25, Michael Deluca, 73, of Wantagh, was arrested at Wal-Mart, 200 Sunrise Mall, Massapequa and charged with petit larceny.
- On June 26, Michael Ruane, 19, of Levittown, was arrested on Twin Lane South, Wantagh and charged with driving while intoxicated and aggravated driving while intoxicated.