- On July 1, items were removed from vehicle while parked in the driveway of a Willis Avenue home. The victim was unsure if the vehicle was locked.
- A bike was removed from the front yard of a residence on Potter Avenue on July 2.
- Sometime between July 2 and July 3, a complainant discovered a tire from their 2004 Kia punctured. The vehicle was parked on Blanche Lane.
- An unknown suspect(s) painted a U.S. Postal Service mailbox on Shore Drive red. It was discovered on July 3.
- On July 3, Mario Mujica, 28, of Merrick, was arrested on Wynsum Avenue near Kirkwood Avenue, Merrick and charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the second degree and two violations of the vehicle and traffic law.
- Sometime between July 3 and July 5, damage was discovered done to the picnic benches at Chatterton School.
- On July 5, Liam Farrell, 19, of Oceanside, was arrested on Central Boulevard near Argyle Road, Merrick and charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated driving while intoxicated and two violations of the vehicle and traffic law.
- An unknown suspect(s) broke a vehicle window and stole property on July 5 while the vehicle was parked at the Merrick LIRR station.
- A vehicle window was broken while parked at the Merrick LIRR station on July 5.
- A bike was removed from a yard on Willis Avenue on July 6.
- It was discovered on July 7 that an unknown suspect(s) slashed the tires of complainant’s 2002 gray Nissan Exterra while it was parked on Branch Lane.
Want to keep up with all the local crime? Sign up for the Merrick Patch daily newsletter or breaking news newsletter. Click here to do so!