- A federal jury recently convicted Michael Costanza, a Merrick resident and Long Island Rail Road retiree who was accused of disability fraud, of fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud.
- On Sept. 28 a fence on Merrick Avenue was damaged by an unknown male.
- A vehicle was broken and a cell phone was stolen from a car parked at Synergy Fitness Center on Oct. 2.
- On Oct. 3, a horn that was left outside of a residence on Merrick Avenue was removed.
- On Oct. 10, an unknown suspect(s) removed hubcaps and a trailer hitch from the exterior of a Cadillac parked on Shore Drive.
- A complainant returned to their vehicle and observed a window broken and their wallet, iPhone, USC and credit cards were stolen on Oct. 14. The car was parked in the Xtreme Gym parking lot.