More Crime News
- A Farmingdale man was arrested early after allegedly assaulting another patron at Jugs & Strokers bar in Merrick. Click here for all of the details on this story.
- A man and his dog were approached and threatened by two unattended pit bulls in Merrick, according to eyewitness reports. Click here for the full details of what took place from the witness herself.
- Police are investigating a robbery that took place in North Merrick. According to detectives, an unknown black male entered the Fast Break Convenience Store, displayed a black handgun and demanded money out of the register, police said. Click here for more.
- Nassau County Police investigated possible Hurricane Sandy repair and clean up scams in the area of North Jerusalem Road after authorities saw two men, who were out-of-state workers, with a confused elderly woman at a bank. Click here for the details.
- Nassau County Police are searching for a man trying to extort money over the phone in a kidnap scam. Police say each incident has involved a caller stating that a family member had been kidnapped, held hostage or involved in an auto accident. Click here for more.
- On the same day she was arrested in New York City for allegedly assaulting a woman in a nightclub, charges were filed against actress Lindsay Lohan in California in connection with a car accident, sources report. Click here for the details.
- On Nov. 22, at 1:53 a.m., a fence was found to be damaged on East Drive in North Merrick.
- Sometime after 8:35 p.m. on Nov. 24, a wooden door panel was broken at Merrick Avenue Middle School in North Merrick.
- Sometime after 6 p.m. on Nov. 16, a home on Hampton Way in Merrick was broken into and tools were stolen.
- Sometime between Nov. 7-27, fur coats were stolen from a living room on Halyard Drive in Merrick. Police said that there have been various people in and out of the house during that timeframe.
- On Nov. 19, between 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., there were three incidents where a vehicle that was parked on Merrick Road in Merrick was keyed.
- At 3:15 a.m. on Nov. 21, a man who lives on Leonard Lane in Merrick reportedly heard glass shatter, and he discovered that the front and rear windows of his vehicle, which was parked in his driveway, had been broken.
- On Nov. 23, at 1 a.m., Julia Dunn-Stern, 27, of Oceanside, was arrested on Merrick Road in Merrick and was charged with driving while intoxicated and aggravated driving while intoxicated.
- At 9 a.m. on Nov. 26, Sean Reilly, 43, of North Bellmore, was arrested near the intersection of Lonni Lane and Cynthia Lane in Merrick and was charged with seventh-degree criminal posession of a controlled substance, driving while intoxicated, aggravated driving while intoxicated and seven violations of the vehicle and traffic law.
Have questions about this crime report? Email Editor Michael Ganci at Michael.Ganci@patch.com