More Crime News
- On Oct. 28 after 9:30 a.m., the Mobil Gas Station, which is located at 1589 Merrick Rd., was broken into and tools were stolen.
- Sometime between 5 p.m. on Nov. 5 and 7 a.m. on Nov. 6, a 1998 Nissan Altima was stolen off of Hewlett Avenue in Merrick.
- Sometime after 6:20 p.m. on Nov. 11, a 2004 black Toyota Camry was stolen off of Westmoreland Road in Merrick.
- Sometime after 1:15 p.m. on Nov. 3, a washer-dryer that was placed outside of a home on Halyard Drive for insurance appraisal was stolen.
- On Oct. 30, a complainant realized that the boat, which he had placed on blocks to prepare for the storm, had been knocked over and damaged. Also, it was broken into and boating equipment was stolen.
- Sometime after 5 p.m. on Oct. 30, a 2011 Lexus was broken into on Dobson Avenue and an unknown amount of cash was stolen. There was no reported damage to the vehicle.
- Also on Oct. 30 on Dobson Avenue, a 2013 Kia was broken into and a GPS was stolen. There was no damage reported on the vehicle.
- On Oct. 25 at 7:45 p.m., Lois A. Boyd, 62, of Wantagh, was arrested at Home Goods on Merrick Road and was charged with petit larceny.
- Sometime between 8 p.m. on Nov. 5 and 8 a.m. on Nov. 6, a gas powered lawn mower and gas power blower was stolen from the rear of a home on Florence Avenue.
- Sometime between 5:15 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Nov. 8, a man left his laptop at the Merrick Library and returned to find that it was missing.
- On Oct. 10, between 3-8:30 p.m., a homeowner that's renting a house on Narwood Avenue found that the windows of the rental had been broken.
- On Oct. 31, between 12:30 a.m. and 2:30 a.m., an officer observed glass being broken at the BP Gas Station, located at 1577 Merrick Rd. Nobody entered the premises.
- On Oct. 26 at 7 p.m., Frank Kost, 58, of Merrick was arrested at the intersection of Sunrise Highway and Railroad Avenue in Wantagh and was charged with driving while intoxicated and three violations of the vehicle and traffic law.
- On Nov. 3 at 10:45 p.m., a fire was reported at the Dakota Design Center, located at 1565 Merrick Rd., and it was deemed unsuspicious and electrical in nature.
- On Nov. 12 after 8:30 a.m., a fire was reportedly coming out of a roof on Hewlett Avenue, and the Merrick Fire Department responded to extinguish it.
- On Oct. 2 after 9:30 p.m., police receives a complaint that someone was making threats while waiting online for fuel near the intersection of Sunrise Highway and Hewlett Avenue.
- After midnight on Nov. 11, a boat radar, GPS and engine propellers were stolen from someone's boat on South Hewlett Avenue in Merrick.
- On Nov. 15 at 4:05 p.m., Ernesto Castillo, 40, of Roosevelt, was arrested in Merrick and was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
Get news your way on Merrick Patch. See our great list of groups and click the green “+ Follow” button on the ones you like. Done!