- On June 29, a residence window was damaged on Petit Avenue.
- Sometime between June 29 and June 30, plates were removed from a motorcycle that was parked on Jerusalem Avenue.
- On June 30, Jonathan Ryan, 22, of East Meadow, unintentionally fired an air pistol at the 15-year-old male victim causing him to sustain a serious injury to his left eye while in North Bellmore. Click for the full story.
- Sometime between June 30 and July 1, beer cans were thrown at a home on Natta Boulevard. The cans caused damage to the window, shutter and screens.
- On July 1 at about 11 p.m., plates were removed from a car that was parked on Leeds Drive in North Bellmore.
- According to detectives, Noel Vasquez, 22 of Bushkill, Pa., was driving a 1998 Nissan Sentra in a parking lot of 1840 Front Street. Two male friends were hanging on the hood of the car, when one of the males jumped off the vehicle the driver stopped the car abruptly causing the other male victim, 22 to lose his grip. The victim fell from vehicle striking his head on the pavement. He was transported to a local hospital and is being treated for a serious head injury. The other male did not suffer any injuries. Vasquez is charged with assault in the second degree.
- Sometime between June 25 and June 27, there was damage reported to a fence on East Meadow Avenue.
- On June 28, there was an attempted burglary on Central Boulevard in Merrick. Police said the suspect pried the rear door and broke the glass.
- According to detectives, on July 2, Daytona Goodwin, 21, of Brooklyn, Erick Perez, 22, of Brooklyn and Luis Umpierre, 22, of Brooklyn, entered the AT&T Store, located at 235 Sunrise Highway in Merrick, held three store employees at gunpoint. The three then demanded to be taken to the stock room. Once inside the stockroom they removed more than $30,000 worth of AT&T merchandise and then fled from the scene in a white colored vehicle, police said. The suspects are in custody.
- An incident at Taco Bell sent a 10-year-old boy to the hospital on Friday. According to Nassau County's Seventh Precinct, the boy, his father and grandfather purchased food from Taco Bell on Merrick Road at around 10:30 a.m. After tasting his soda, the boy claimed that it tasted like bleach. The grandfather also tasted the soft drink and agreed that it tasted like chlorine. The substance will be brought to the Health Department for further analysis. After the incident, the Health Department also reported to Taco Bell for an inspection of the facility.
- On June 29, arson and bomb squad detectives were called to were called to assist the Nassau County Fire Marshall and the Nassau County Health Department at Cedar Creek Park. The Fire Marshall and the Health Department were in the process of removing and disposing of chemicals from a storage building, when they located chemicals that were stored in two unmarked glass containers that they deemed to be hazardous. Upon arrival and investigation it was determined by the Arson/Bomb Squad that the unidentified chemicals, due to their crystallized state, would be sensitive to heat, shock and friction and were mitigated at the scene.
- On June 29, Pamela Janiszak, age 24 of Seaford, was arrested at Macy’s, 400 Sunrise Mall, Massapequa and charged with petit larceny.
- On June 29, a gold, 2002 Honda was stolen from the Seaford train station.
- On July 1, Chengsheng Li, age 53 of Flushing, was arrested in front of Seaford Palace Diner and charged with counterfeiting in the second degree and failure to disclose the origin of a recording in the first degree.
- Sometime between July 3 and July 4, an unknown suspect(s) keyed complainant’s 2004 black Hyundai while it was parked in front of a home on Plover Place.
- On June 24 at 7 a.m., a vehicle on Carroll Street in Wantagh was scratched after an argument over a parking spot.
- Sometime between June 28 and June 29, a pocketbook containing $300 and credit cards from a 2011 white GMC was stolen from Oakdale Court.
- On June 29, a complainant placed his keys in an unlocked gym locker at World Gym, Wantagh and discovered them missing. Complainant returned to his vehicle and noticed an iPod and $20 in change was stolen.
- On June 29, Angela Sottile, age 18 of Wantagh, was arrested on Mandalay Beach Road, Wantagh and charged with criminal possession of stolen property in the fourth degree and four counts of criminal possession of stolen property in the fifth degree.
- Sometime between June 29 and June 30, unknown suspects damaged an overhead light on Bayview Avenue in Wantagh.
- Sometime between July 1 and July 3, the passenger side window of complainant’s 2002 gray Chevy Suburban was damaged.
- On July 2, Rafael Canela, age 44 of Freeport, was arrested on Sunrise Highway, Wantagh and charged with possession of a dangerous weapon in the fourth degree, driving while intoxicated and five violations of the vehicle and traffic law.
- On July 2, Michael Egan, age 21 of Rockville Center, was arrested on Sunrise Highway near Beech Street, Wantagh and charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated driving while intoxicated and three violations of the vehicle and traffic law.