- Agnes Sherwood, 90, of North Bellmore died on Aug. 13. Sherwood was the wife of the late Charles Sherwood, mother of James, Thomas, Nancy and Richard, and dear mother-in- law of Nancy and Ruth, and grandmother of Mary Kate, Monica, Nicholas, Elizabeth and Frank.
- Frank Sergi, 89, of Bellmore died on Aug. 15. Sergi was the husband of Sharon and the father of Michael, Ann-Marie and Christina. He was also the grandfather of Sophia Frances and a member of the Bellmore Fire Department.
- Virginia K. Avanzato, 78, died on Aug. 19 at Kindred Hospital in West Palm Beach. She was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., and lived in Port St. Lucie for 14 years, coming from Bellmore. She is survived by her husband, Joseph Avanzato; son, Phillip Avanzato; daughter, Susan Kless; sister Anne Marie Maenza and five grandchildren.
- Arlene Frances of North Bellmore died on Aug. 19 at 79. She was the wife of Martin, mother of Kathryn DuPont, Jeanne Jimenez, Martin, Eileen, Timothy, Denise Paccione, Christine Brown and Robert. She is also survived by 15 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
- Virginia Caporale-Fais, 91, died on July 20 in Leesburg, Florida. She is a former resident of Wantagh and Bellmore. Caporale-Fais was the mother of Richard, Robert, Raymond, Ronald and Gloria, grandmother of Laura, Sharon, Robert, Kathleen, Ryan, Renee, Ronald, Gregory, Michelle and Kelly and the great-grandmother of six. She is also survived by her sisters Joan Baldwin and Rosemary Jantzen.
- Regina M., Clearly, 93, of North Bellmore, died on Aug. 23. She was the wife of the late Edward Patrick, mother of Maryann DiPasqua, Elizabeth Coviello, Kevin, William, James, Sean, Margaret Bramer and the late James. She was also the grandmother of 23 and great grandmother of 18.
- William A. Smalling Jr., 83, of Bellmore, died on Aug. 22. He was the husband of Virginia, father of William III and Matthew. He was also the grandfather of Logan.
- Dr. Jay F. Stark, formerly of North Bellmore, died suddengly on Aug. 26. He was the husband of Frances Abriola Stark, step-father of Elizabeth and David Fern and Emily and Joel VanBrocklin. He was also the step-grandfather of Aaron, Anna and Errol Fern. He was the son of Anita and the late Dr. Eli H. Stark. He's was the brother of Richard and Sheila Stark, Ira and Laurie Stark and Lauri and Eric Last. Adored uncle of Michael Stark, Russell Stark, Carolyn Stark, Justin Stark, Alexandra Stark, Farryl Last, Harrison Last and Corrie Last.
- Edward J. Macheski, known by most of his friends as "Mr. Ed," died on July 27 at 69. Macheski grew up in Merrick and then spent most of his career in NYC as a successful investment portfolio analyst. He is survived by his daughters Deborah Macheski and Victoria Macheski-Maison of Wavre, and his granddaughters, Ariane and Sophie Maison.
- Jack J. Morelli of North Merrick died in North Fort Meyers, Florida on Aug. 15. A WWII Army Veteran, Morelli was the husband of the late Katherine Morelli, father of Cynthia K. Reilly and grandfather of Katie.
- Anne M. Crowley, of Long Beach, died on Aug. 20 at 74. Crowley spent her professional career in the Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District as a teacher, guidance counselor, assistant principal and assistant superintendant. Crowley is survived by her brother Frank and her sister Mimi Ryan.
- Daniel Joseph died suddenly in Pennsylvania on Aug. 21. He used to live in Merrick. Joseph was the father of Danielle Murphy, Jacqueline Murphy and Christina Wiatrowski. He was also the grandfather of Daniel and Joseph R. Wiatrowski III and the son of Joseph. He was the brother of Patricia Taylor, Dorothy Urick, Eileen Hinrichs, Anne Randini, Jo Anne Zehnder, Nora Miller, Brian, Edward, Gregory and Katie Murphy.
- Norman Stucl, who lived in North Merrick, died on Aug. 28. He was the father of David, Robert, Kathleen, Diane and the late Debra. He was also the grandfather of six and great grandfather of seven.
You can email obituary notices to Michael.Ganci@patch.com.