- Loretta Anne Mohr, who graduated from Mepham High School in 1947, died on Aug. 8 at age 82. Mohr is survived by her husband, son John A. Mohr, daughters Lori and Lynn Mohr; grandchildren Alex Pedersen, Sarah Pedersen, Brian Bickford, Elizabeth, Adam Bickford and Mark Bickford; seven great-grandchildren Jillian, Madilin, Kyler, Blake, Jonovan, Alyssa, and Caleb; brother Bernie Schnabel; sister Teresa.
- Carl Kaye, who was a speech pathologist in Merrick for more than 30 years, died on Aug. 5 at age 66. She was the wife of Jerry, stepmother of Alyson Prezioso and Jennifer Gussack, grandmother of Emily, Samantha and Matthew and daughter of Helen Winn.
- Ruthene Barthel, of Merrick, died on Aug. 9. She was the wife of Alvin Barthel, mother of the late Nancy Anderson, grandmother of Scott Anderson and Kevin Anderson and great grandmother of Madison.
- Lotte Lamm, who was an active member of the Merrick Jewish Center, died on Aug. 3 at age 91. She is survived by her son Peter Lamm and her two granddaughters, Michelle Gilbert and Caryn Manning. Lotte had three great grandchildren — Jaden, Connor and Paige.
- Elizabeth Ann Hammer, who raised her family in North Merrick, died on July 28 at age 78. Hammer is survived by her two sons, Steven and Gordon, her sister, Joan Murray, and several grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
You can email obituary notices to Michael.Ganci@patch.com.