- Boy Scout Troop 225 will be holding a fundraiser on September 23 for sixth grader Eric Lopez, who suffers from Juvenile Diabetes. Over 600 cupcakes will be baked, sold,and entered into a "Cupcake Wars" contest at Destiny Plaza for both Eric and thousands of children just like him.
- As a part of Mepham High School's homecoming celebration, the Pirates (1-1-0) defeated the visiting Kennedy Cougars (0-2-0), 27-7 on Saturday. Get the details, including plenty of exciting pictures of the event, by clicking here.
- Mepham the school's 75th anniversary this past week, holding a host of events and theme days to mark the important milestone. Check out our report and photo gallery by clicking here.
- Bellmore Public Library is hosting a blood drive today from 1:45 p.m. to 7:45 pm. Will you give the selfless gift of life to someone who desperately needs it? Find out more in our preview article of the event.
- Old Mill Road Elementary School eased students and teachers back into a new year of learning and excitement by holding their annual "Welcome Back" picnic last Friday. Check out our photo gallery of the fun and frivolity.
About this column: If nothing else, take with you this daily guide to what's happening, and what's news in Bellmore and Merrick.