A look at what's happening around the Bellmore and Merrick areas on this Thursday.
- On the 11th anniversary of the attacks of September 11, 2001, the Bellmore Fire Department held an emotional ceremony where they unveiled a monument in memory of the emergency workers who tragically lost their lives.
- The Strength and Hope Walk, held in memory of those that have lost their lives after 9/11, started Tuesday morning in Montauk Point and made a stop in Bellmore in the early evening.
- The North Bellmore Board of Education is holding their monthly public meeting tonight at Martin Avenue Elementary School at 8 p.m. All local residents are encouraged to attend.
- Beginning in October, middle school students in both Merrick and Bellmore can select from a wide variety of activities available to them after school during the week.
- Be sure to stay on top of Nassau County Police activity in neighboring towns with our weekly Crimes Nearby report. Staying informed is the first step to staying safe.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now