A look at what's happening on this Friday around Bellmore and Merrick.
- The former site of the Smithville Café building, located at the intersection of Bellmore Avenue and Bellmore Road, has been sitting unused in its fenced-in lot for several years. For more on this story, click here.
- On Father's Day, the Merrick Little League Majors Division Reds won the World Series. For more on this, click here.
- At this month’s meeting of the Bellmore Board of Education, the district’s 2012-2013 Tax Levy was disclosed, as well as the news of comings and goings of both new and old personnel. Click here for the details.
- More than 100 local residents gathered at Wantagh High School Sunday afternoon for a day full of soccer in memory of Benjamin Sassoon, a 2009 Wantagh graduate who took his own life last March at the Bellmore train station. Click here for more.
- While some high schools now require a few hours of community service for graduation, none go as far as the Girl Scouts who earn the Gold Award. Click here for more on the Merrick younsters who were honored.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now