Fuschillo has arranged for the Department of Financial Services’ Mobile Assistance Unit to be at the following locations:
- Friday, Feb. 8, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m: Newbridge Road Park, 2600 Newbridge Rd., Bellmore.
- Wednesday, Feb. 13, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m: Merrick Road Town Park (Golf Course Clubhouse), 2550 Clubhouse Rd., Merrick
At both programs, Department of Financial Services representatives will be available to meet one-on-one with residents and answer storm-related questions about homeowners’, renters’ and business owners’ insurance coverage. According to the Department of Financial Services, representatives will be able to:
- Answer questions about the insurance claims process;
- Help residents seek resolution with an insurer;
- Help residents obtain release of insurance money from their bank;
- Help file an official complaint against an insurer;
- Provide information on local, state, and federal relief programs.
The Department of Financial Services advises residents to bring copies of their insurance documents, payment records and correspondence with their insurer.
Residents who are unable to attend these programs but would like to get assistance with storm-related insurance issues from a Department of Financial Services representative can call the Department’s insurance disaster hotline at 1-800-339-1759. The hotline is operated from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.