Free legal consultation for all Nassau County residents affected by superstorm Sandy is being made available by the Nassau County Bar Association this month.
One-on-one appointments are currently being scheduled for two sessions - Nov. 19 and Nov. 26.
Volunteer attorney's will be on hand at the Nassau County Bar Association offices, located at the corner of 15th Street and West Street in Mineola, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3-7 p.m for help with a variety of subjects related to the storm including:
- Homeowner, flood, property damage, automobile insurance claims
- Federal Emergency Management Agency assistance and grants
- Debt deferral
- Consumer protection issues
- Landlord-tenant issues
- Assistance in dealing with lenders to avoid foreclosure
- Health,disability,personal injury,post-traumatic stress issues
- Pro bono alternative dispute resolution (mediation and arbitration) for neighbor disputes arising from the storm
Bilingual attorneys are available upon request. Call 516-747-4070 to set an appointment.
Get news your way on Merrick Patch. See our great list of groups and click the green “+ Follow” button on the ones you like. Done!