1. Legis. Dave Denenberg recently spoke about the initative to make the sewer system private at the North and Central Merrick Civic Association meeting. Come back at 5 p.m. to see what was discussed.
2. Recently, the Hempstead Town Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) decided to reject the proposal from Sonic Drive-in, which is interested in occupying the space formerly belonging to Rita’s Ices at 1900 Hempstead Tpke. in East Meadow. Read the full story here.
3. Want to flex your musical skills? There is an open jam Monday night at K.J. Farrell's. The fun starts at 9 p.m. and all musicians are invited to perform.
4. Need something to do with your little ones today? Head to the East Meadow Library at 10 a.m. for Mother Goose time. The program is for children ages nine to 18 months.
5. Get ready: Calhoun recently celebrated it's second class of Hall of Fame inductees. Merrick Patch will have a video (featuring famous Merokean Debbie Gibson!) on Tuesday. Don't miss it!