- Whether you've already rolled your Christmas tree to the curb yet or not, the Hempstead Town Sanitation Department is offering two upcoming curbside pick-up days. Click here for more.
- Many Long Island residents are struggling to rebuild their homes after the devastating storm, but those with mortgages have an extra hurdle to clear before being compensated by their insurance companies because the mortgage company must sign off on the check. Click here for the details.
- The New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) has installed a number of new "No Turn on Red" signs on Hempstead Tpke. and other streets as part of a "multi-agency initiative to enhance safety on the street." Click here for the story.
- After two years of ongoing litigation, the three banned volunteer animal rescue workers from Hempstead Town Animal Shelter have won their case against the town. Click here for more information.
- Due to the overwhelming response the Connecticut PTA has stopped accepting any additional snowflakes but sends out a heartfelt thank you for all of the beautiful snowflakes received. In keeping with the winter wonderland theme, we will use the great snowflakes our students made to beautify the North Bellmore Public Library in memory of Sandy Hook. Click here for more.