- On Wednesday, North Shore Farms’ meeting with the Hempstead Town Board of Zoning Appeals was adjourned until Feb. 6 at 2 p.m. Residents sounded off on why they're for or against the grocery store opening in North Bellmore. Click this link to see what they said.
- A North Bellmore woman has pleaded guilty to manslaughter and other charges for stabbing her ex-husband to death during an argument in November 2011. Click here for the story.
- To encourage locals to try its latest, darkest roast coffee, 7-Eleven stores -- including nine locations in the Bellmore-Merrick area -- are offering Dollar Coffee on Wednesdays, Jan. 23 and Jan. 30, a promotion during which every size cup of coffee will cost just $1. Click this link for more on this.
- The Kennedy High School PTA has announced it will honor Robin Rabinowitz of Merrick for her many years of dedication to the PTA and Kennedy High School at the annual Bellmore Merrick PTA Council Founder’s Day Dinner. Click here for more details.
- After graduation from Mepham High School in 1975, John Scalesi joined the U. S. Army where he got hurt in an explosion in 1977. Click here to find out more about his life of service in Bellmore.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something