1. Happy Fourth of July, Merrick! Break out your red, white and blue and show your USA pride.
2. Contest alert: Do you make sure you have a festive table for the Fourth of July? Come back at 5 p.m. to see how to win a Patch prize for the best red, white and blue food.
3. Just a reminder: In honor of Independence Day, libraries and government buildings will be closed, so postpone your bank runs and the list of books you want to get from the library until Tuesday.
4. In case you missed it: Patch picked a very patriotic flavor for this week's Ralph's Ice Flavor of the Week. Missed the video? Check it out here.
5. Get ready: You saw the Merrick crime report on Friday, but that's not really the only local crime. Come back at 2 p.m. to see what happened in the towns nearby.