1. Looking to lose some holiday pounds, but don’t want to dive right into hitting the gym? Want a unique, full-body workout? The Merrick Library is hosting a belly dancing lesson from 7:00 p.m. to 8:15 p.m.
2. Speaking of the gym, check out Xtreme Gym for a hot yoga class, the newest yoga craze. The Merrick location is the only Xtreme offering this type of class and you can check it out from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. The cost is $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
3. Watch the Bellmore-Merrick Bulldogs take on Cold Spring Harbor ice hockey. The action starts at 9:25 p.m. at Newbridge Arena ice skating rink in Bellmore.
4. The Merrick Historical Society will be holding its first 2011 meeting tonight from 7:00 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. at the Merrick Library.
5. Merrick gets a new editor: Emily Jane Cappiello has taken over the site for Ryan Bonner, who recently got promoted. E-mail her at Emily.Cappiello@patch.com.