- The Gamestop in Merrick was robbed early Tuesday morning. Two employees were tied up while two armed suspects stole video games and cash. Read more about this serious crime by clicking here.
- Hurricane Irene tore through the Town of Hempstead one year ago. Insterested in learing the dollar amount the clean-up efforts, in addition to how much financial aid the Town of Hempstead recieved? Click here to learn.
- The North and Central Merrick and North Bellmore Civic Associations held a joint meeting last night at the North Merrick Library to discuss issues that affect residents in both towns. Stay tuned for Patch's upcoming reports on this important meeting.
- The Town of Hempstead continues its construction on Newbridge Road Park Bulkheads in Bellmore, a project it began a little over a month ago. Get an update on this project by clicking here.
- A large tree limb knocked down several power lines in Bellmore yesterday afternoon, depriving multiple homes in the area of electricity. Find out how many residents were affected by clicking here.
About this column: If nothing else, take with you this daily guide to what's happening, and what's news in Bellmore and Merrick.