1. Happy April Fools' Day! Get ready for a day of pranks, jokes and fun to kick off the first day of the month.
2. The green movement is in full swing and Earth Day is coming. Patch scoped out five things that you may not know are recyclable. Check out the items and some ideas at 3:30 p.m.
3. Sacred Heart School’s rendition of Beauty and the Beast kicks off Friday. The action begins at 7:30 p.m. in the school auditorium. Can’t make it Friday? The curtain goes up again Saturday.
4. Get ready: Long Island Restaurant Week kicks off on Sunday. Merrick eateries Left Coast Kitchen and Nicholas James Bistro will be participating, so head down to enjoy a $24.95 three-course dinner.
5. In case you missed it: While Merrick’s population took a slight dip between 2000 and 2010, North Merrick saw a rise in population, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.