Located at 16 Merrick Ave, just one block north of the Merrick Long Island Rail Road station, the management team of the new "Savoy Tavern" is headed by Gerard Renny, a longtime NYC restaurateur with Italian restaurant experience.
Like Merrick Patch on Facebook by clicking here.
This European style modern tavern has heavy Italian influences on the menu. It has a semi-private dining room that seats 20, a main dining room that sits 75 and the bar area seats approximately 30 patrons.
Highlights from the menu include:
- Pretzels are "Peltzers" from Brooklyn
- Bread from Spiga Bakery in Bellmore
- 12 Craft beers on Tap (bottled & can also available)
- Local, Sustainable ingredients as much as possible
- Gelato made by Merokian Chef Christy Michelle
- "The Crease Cosmo" pays homage to the former "Crease Bar" that was there for many years
- Cocktail list features lots of classic Italian cocktails like "Ancient Negroni" and "Sgrropino"
- In the future they will launch an infused vodka program
- Housemade Limoncello
- Also take note of the daily specials (sandwich night, lobster night, beer & mussel night, etc)
- Ruby Red Banquettes
- Dark Mahogany Wood accents
- Walls Painted "Tiger's Eye" (its a light gold color)
- Beverage Lockers behind the bar
- Dessert/Coffee Bar on display featuring a coca-cola red antique Faema coffee machine
- Art includes prints from the famous "Savoy Ballroom" and real pics of the owners Italian family
Are you excited for the arrival of Savoy Tavern? Tell us in the comment section below.
MORE BUSINESS NEWS