Need the perfect gown or suit for your little one--whether it be for their christening or first birthday party? Well Cathy's Touch Children's Special Custom Wear has got you covered. Here are Five Things You Should Know About Cathy's Touch:
1. It's a family affair: The business is owned by Cathy Broddy and her sister, Lorraine Castanio, is the manager of the business. Their other sister and their children also work in the store. "We have been operating this business for more than 25 years," Castanio said.
2. Twelve years strong: The business has been serving the Merricks for 12 years. "We have been here a long time," Castanio said. "Before we came to Merrick, we had a store in Baldwin.
3. It gets the kiddies ready for the BIG day: Cathy's touch specializes in attire for infants to young teens for special occasions such as christenings, Sweet Sixteens, communions, weddings, school dances and Bat Mitzvahs.
4. Did you say accessories?: Cathy's Touch makes its own accessories. "We make our own veils, shoes, bags and gloves," Castanio said.
5. It's all about Christie Helene: The store has the largest selection of Christie Helene communion dresses that will have your daughter looking beautiful.