- The South Merrick Community Civic Association (SMCCA) will host a special meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 29 at 7 p.m. in the Merrick Road Park Clubhouse, which is located at 2550 Clubhouse Rd. County Executive Ed Mangano will be on hand to discuss several issues. Click here for more.
- Legislator David Denenberg will host a community meeting regarding issues related to homes, elevating homes Town of Hempstead permit requirements, insurance and FEMA assistance will be discussed. This will take place at 7 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 28 at the Merrick Library.
- The Ni Na Healing Arts Center is hosting a meditation center on Saturday, Feb. 2 at 10 a.m. For more information on pricing and on the program, click this link.
- Young Peoples Theater and The Merrick Theater and Center for the Arts is showcasing the show "Hairspray". The shows will be held on Monday, Jan. 28, and Tuesday, Jan. 29 at 7 p.m.
- On Tuesday Jan. 29, the North Merrick Public Library will host a program about how to grieve your assessment. The program will run from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. For more information, call Jessica at 516-571-6219.
Have an event you want to add to our calendar? It's easy!
Here’s how (already have an account? Start at #4):
- First, you need to
have an account on Patch. If you don’t, click here and register.
- Next, check your email. We've just sent you a link to confirm
your address. When you click that link, you will be registered and able to
post your own stuff and create your own groups.
- After you confirm your email, log in to the site.
- Click the green post button on the top left hand corner. You will
have the option to post a note (short message), event, article, photos or
- If you are sharing text, don’t forget to add a photo or two. It
really makes the post look better.
- Make sure to select which group you want to post to, or you can
create your own group by clicking here.
- When you have created your post, email me with the link, and I will
share it to other groups and feature it on Facebook!
If you have any questions about posting, creating a group or anything else on the new Patch, please let me (Michael.Ganci@patch.com) know and I will be more than happy to walk you through the site myself.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now