1. Last week, it was announced that a pilot program would start at the Bellmore and Merrick LIRR stations in which 10 percent of the parking field would be reserved for Town of Hempstead residents. Read about the new program here. Don't forget to take our poll or sound off in the comment section!
2. On Friday, Levy Lakeside School celebrated its 60th anniversary by dedicating an exhibit in its main hallway. See a photo gallery of the event at 5 p.m. on Merrick Patch.
3. The Reinhard Early Childhood Center recently hosted a Hop-a-Thon for muscular dystrophy. The school raised more than $3,000 for the cause. See the full story here.
4. Have you heard? Patch has now partnered with PIX to bring you your local news. Tune in at 5 p.m. every weekday to WPIX Channel 11 to catch up on the best and brightest Patch stories from throughout the tri-state area.
5. There is a meeting of the Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District PTSA on Monday at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will take place in the administration building.