Hewlett Rink in Grant Park offers outdoor ice skating through mid-March. For residents with a leisure pass ($25 for three years), the cost is $7 for adults and $5 for kids. For those without passes, it’s $20 for adults and $14 for kids. Children under 3 skate for free.
- Calhoun High School’s On Tour Company’s production of Moss Hart and George S. Kaufman’s The Man Who Came To Dinner. Jan. 25, and 26, at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students and seniors. If you’d like to reserve tickets call the box office at 516-992-1377.
- The Stage Theater is now showing Doubt: A Parable through Jan. 27 on Friday and Saturday nights at 8 p.m. Click here for more information.
- Forever 9-The Robbie Levine Foundation will host its 5th Annual Dealing With Hearts Gala. Rosen is an American Idol contestant.
Comedians Jim David and Nick DiPaolo at Governor's. Jan. 25 and 26, respectively. Tickets are $22-$58. Two-drink minimum.
Bring Fido along for some weekend fun at the Dog Park at Eisenhower. Admission is free and it's located on Salisbury Park Drive and Stewart Avenue. Open from daylight until dusk.
- Get out on the ice at Newbrige Arena. Admission is $7.50 ($6.50 for Hemsptead Town residents) Skate rentals are $3.50. Open MLK, Jr. Day from 1 to 3 p.m. Click here for open skate sessions.
- Cinderella will be at The Showplace at Bellmore Movies Saturday, Jan. 26. Tickets are $10 and include popcorn and a soft drink. Order online or call 599-6870. Performances by Plaza Theatrical Productions.
Tackapausha Museum and Preserve on the Seaford-Massapequa border boasts live animals and natural history. Open Thursday through Sunday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Adults: $3. Children and Seniors: $2.
TBT Square Dance at Temple B'nai Torah in Wantagh on Jan. 26. $32/per person.
Monster Jam is at the Nassau Coliseum Friday through Sunday. Tickets are $42 to $93. For more information, click here.
Kids Winter Art Class on Jan. 26 at 8 a.m. at The Garden Art Studio in Mineola. $40/per person. Ages 6 and up.
Center for Science Teaching and Learning at Tanglewood Preserve is open Wednesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Admission is $6 per person. Monday, Jan. 28 from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. is Tiny Tots - Dinosaurs for 18 months to 3 years old. $8/child. Live animals ($6/person) and nature trail (free).
Have fun on four wheels at Hot Skates Roller Skating Rink in Lynbrook. Afternoon Session Admission - $10 : Thursday, Friday and Saturday night Admission - $11. Skate rentals are $3. For more information on skating times, click here.
Slots-a-Lot Racing slot car racing on Hempstead Turnpike is open afternoon to evening, seven days a week. $9 for a half hour, $13 for an hour (includes car, controller and track rental).
The Nassau County Museum of Art in Roslyn is currently showing an "Artists in America" film series. Each film screens at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Free with museum admission. First come, first seated. Event: Long Island's Gold Coast with Paul J. Mateyunas on Jan. 26 at 3 p.m. Family Sundays taks place each week at 1 p.m. in the main building.
- At the Long Island Children's Museum, the Attack of the Bloodsuckers! exhibit is now open. Mista Cookie Jar is playing on Jan. 27 at 1 and 3 p.m. Los Angeles-based "kindie rocker" Mista Cookie Jar (aka C. J. Pizarro) brings his urban-island-folky-rock-and-roll sounds to LICM. Ages: 3 and up. Fee: $4 with museum admission ($3 LICM members), $10 theater only. All advanced tickets are non-refundable.
- The Cradle of Aviation offers several space exploration and historical aviation exhibits and interactive displays. The IMAX theater shows several films as well. There's also a children's playroom. Open Tuesday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and holidays, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Open Mondays that fall on Holidays and School Breaks.
- Historic Nunley's Carousel is located in between the Long Island Children's Museum and Cradle of Aviation Museum. Open Saturday, Sunday and Holidays noon to 5 p.m. $2 per ride.