- Calhoun High School’s On Tour Company’s production of Moss Hart and George S. Kaufman’s The Man Who Came To Dinner. Jan. 18, 19, 25, and 26, at 7:30 PM. Tickets are $10 for adults and $8 for students and seniors. If you’d like to reserve tickets call the box office at 516-992-1377.
- The Stage Theater is now showing Doubt: A Parable through Jan. 27 on Friday and Saturday nights at 8 p.m. Snow White is playing Jan. 20. Tickets are $20. On Fridays and Sundays ticket prices are $17 for seniors and students only. Click here for more information.
Comedian Steve White at Governor's. Jan. 18-19. Tickets are $22-$52. Two-drink minimum.
Bring Fido along for some weekend fun at the Dog Park at Eisenhower. Admission is free and it's located on Salisbury Park Drive and Stewart Avenue. Open from daylight until dusk.
- Get out on the ice at Newbrige Arena. Admission is $7.50 ($6.50 for Hemsptead Town residents) Skate rentals are $3.50. Open MLK, Jr. Day from 1 to 3 p.m. Click here for open skate sessions.
- R.C Smith on Jan. 18 and Angel Salazar on Jan. 19 at the Brokerage Comedy Club. Tickets are $22 each. Two-drink minimum.
- Cinderella will be at The Showplace at Bellmore Movies Saturdays, Jan. 19 and 26 and Monday, Jan. 21 at 11 a.m. Tickets are $10 and include popcorn and a soft drink. Order online or call 599-6870. Performances by Plaza Theatrical Productions.
Tackapausha Museum and Preserve on the Seaford-Massapequa border boasts live animals and natural history. Open Thursday through Sunday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Adults: $3. Children and Seniors: $2.
Center for Science Teaching and Learning at Tanglewood Preserve is offering a full day program on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Ages: 4-12. A day filled with exploring nature and science with hands-on activities. Bring lunch. After care is available from 4-5 pm. Pre-registration is required. Open Wednesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Admission is $6 per person.
Have fun on four wheels at Hot Skates Roller Skating Rink in Lynbrook. Afternoon Session Admission - $10 : Thursday, Friday and Saturday night Admission - $11. Skate rentals are $3. For more information on skating times, click here.
Hewlett Rink in Grant Park offers outdoor ice skating through mid-March. For residents with a leisure pass ($25 for three years), the cost is $7 for adults and $5 for kids. For those without passes, it’s $20 for adults and $14 for kids. Children under 3 skate for free.
- At the Long Island Children's Museum, the Attack of the Bloodsuckers! exhibit opens on Jan. 18. Also, on Jan. 21, "Dreaming with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr." at 11a.m., 1:30 and 3 p.m. Explore the life of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Draw inspiration from his life, speeches and visions as you produce an artwork of peace. Ages: 5 and up. Fee: $3 with Museum admission ($2 LICM members).
- The Cradle of Aviation offers several space exploration and historical aviation exhibits and interactive displays. The IMAX theater shows several films as well. There's also a children's playroom. Open Tuesday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sunday and holidays, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Open Mondays that fall on Holidays and School Breaks.
- Historic Nunley's Carousel is located in between the Long Island Children's Museum and Cradle of Aviation Museum. Open Saturday, Sunday and Holidays noon to 5 p.m. $2 per ride.
- Random Acts of Kindness for Newtown event on Jan. 21 at the Garden City Hotel at 3 p.m.