1. Merrick and North Merrick Schools are back in session today! Wishing all students a successful academic year!
2. County Legislator Dave Denenberg, D-Merrick, will host a Taxpayer Assistance Program at Merrick Public Library at 1 p.m. Residents will have the opportunity to learn about tax exemptions and pick-up or drop-off a variety of tax applications.
3. Looking for a job? Check out Help Wanted at 10 a.m.
4. Merrick Public Library will be celebrating a special month and giving away gifts because of it. Find out more at 12 p.m.
5. Find out what happened in Merrick and it's surrounding communities in Crimes Nearby Part I at 2 p.m.